Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Off And Running

It’s been less than a week since I launched the Marathon fundraising campaign and we’ve already raised $620! There’s still another $2,000 to go, but this is an encouraging start.

Thank you to the following people for their generous donations: Cindy Coto, Dawn Hall, Nate & Paula Wolf (mile 1), George Logan, Karen Kayir (mile 7) and Max Logan (out of his allowance, Max has the final .2). I donated personally and think I’ll take the 5th mile. Additionally, I have verbal commitments for miles 9 and 6.

When I get the opportunity to add to this, I will talk a little more about my history as a runner and what got me going again, but I wanted to send a quick thank you to those who got this campaign rolling and to encourage others to join them and reserve a mile of their own. Click on this link: Jake's Website to donate to my website and monitor my progress.

No comments: